- I bought a parachute buckle and sporting good belting for $7 (had 50% off 1 item) to DIY a hip belt onto my current hydration bag that I use for hiking. Saved me $100 for new hydration bag. I love my current bag, so it was easy to go with the DIY choice.
- Bonding time with the child means enjoying Peanut Butter shakes at our favorite burger shack. This time around we split our shake and meal. The portions worked out perfectly (why didn’t we start doing this earlier?!)
- I was in the mood for a scary movie. With Halloween coming up, Netflix & Hulu are stocking up on the scary movie content available. I was able to indulge in the comforts of my own living room. Lights out, sound up, snacks ensured. Silent Hill anyone? (Hides under blanket)
- Enjoyed having groceries bought and delivered to my door. The service recently became available in my area. So I was given a $20 coupon to use (which basically covers tip & delivery charge). It was so nice avoiding the busy store and I did not have to haul any heavy items into the house. Found out I was offered another $20 coupon. Enjoying free grocery delivery once more. The only downside to this service is that rotisserie chicken or the really good chips they sell in the deli section are not available for shopping.
- Made Greek chicken, yellow jasmine rice and sauteed purple cabbage. Served up with kalamata olives and tomato-cucumber salad. Had enough leftovers for 2 days of freezer meals
What fine frugal things have you been up to?