- Rent – $1767.95 – Fixed and in Budget. Actually a little less this month due to overpaying previous months. Balanced out.
- Personal Allowance – $40 – Fixed and in budget. I actually still have $9 and some change. but I am just going to carry it over to avoid from needing to deposit in the bank.
- Food & Dining – $664.13 – overall the budget is $650/m. grrrr, my spreadsheet had a discrepancy in a cell formula, so I spent a little more than planned. Cell formula fixed and the budget was zero balanced from other categories.
- Groceries – $524.49 – included a Costco stock-up. Toilet Paper for life. Laundry stuff too. Clean smelling clothes for daaaayyyyysssss!
- Restaurants – $8.90 – cursed! A Friend pulled me a long for a last minute lunch run. I caved. And it wasn’t all that good. boo!
- Coffee – $35.00 – 1x weekly mom-child time. actually reduced this by $15 this month.
- Juice/Smoothies – $10.08 – after dental care treat
- Fast Food – $65.23 – again, beginning of the month stuff. quickly put a stop to this. last two weeks were a $0.
- Work lunches – $20.43 – this act started up in the beginning of the month. I put an end to that.
- Auto & Transport
- Payment $334 – fixed and in budget
- Gas $143.34 – trying to drive as little as possible. we had an trip to the family’s for Easter, but other than that I was able to keep it on the low from the budgeted $205/m.
- Household – $0
- Books – $4.99
- Gift/Hobby – $10.97 – was supposed to be paid with personal allowance but my child borrowed my cash. I didn’t get it back in time needed for purchase of the gift.
- Electronics & Software – $1.99 – fixed and in budget
- Pet Care – $11.84 – My cat had OCD about cleaning herself. So much she has licked away all the hair from her stomach and part of her underarm. Poor thing is going to look like a Sphinx soon. But now she is doing it so much that its breaking skin.I was recommended to use this Dr. Gold’s anti-spray with low doses of hydrocortisone, corticosteroid, and lidocaine. Not hearing her lick every 5 minutes is a blessing! And to say she is feeling better. I am looking forward to seeing her hair grow back in!Tip: spray 2-3 times into your clean hand and rub it onto the cat. Spraying directly on the cat can lead to gnarly scratches.
Update: ugh, my furry child is moving away from her stomach (stuff works), but is instead taking out her leg hair. Prozac next?! Or another furry child to keep each other busy.
- Shipping – $22.75 – Child’s penpal
- Misc – $3.23
- Bills & Utilities
- Cellular – $90.02 – fixed and in budget
- Internet/Cable/Phone – $109.15 – fixed and in budget
- Electric & Gas – $51.10 – under budget $13.90
- Charity – $25.00 – to help support the White Helmets. Because the whole situation is just heartbreaking and soul crushing.
- CC Payment – $7.50 – trailing. balance $0.
- C. Loan Payment – $555.39 – fixed and in budget
- Annual/Sinking Funds – $104.00 – fixed and in budget
Cost saving initiatives:
- Continue to pack my lunch and snacks for work. The latest work meal was blackened talapia, rice and sauteed spinach (consumed 3 to 4 times a week)
- Still making free espresso or London fogs at work.
- Friends asked me last minute to go out to eat. Ah! Not when I am on a tight budget. But instead of saying “no” (because one still needs a social life for good health), I scoped out the menu online before hand. Finding that a big proportioned side salad ($5.95) and a pint of beer ($5.95) would have me spending minimally. I also ate a small bite at home prior to going. Lucked out, they bought be dinner because I had paid the tab back in the day. #win
- The child and I get to Sbux once a week for breakfast. It’s a great time for some one-on-one conversation. Now I eat breakfast at home before we go and I went from ordering the specialty coffee down to a regular java. And I don’t miss the pricey drinks at all. If I want to get really crazy I add a couple shots of flavored syrup. I can’t say it brings the expenses down much because sometimes the child’s BFF joins us. But still saves us approx $10-$15/month #win
- Started washing out the plastic tubs from food products to reuse. Will be great for packing work lunches or potluck to go containers. Not sure why I have not started doing this earlier. #environmentalWin
- Bought local concert tickets months ago via use of the summer fund. Decided not to go. Sold the tickets for $15 more than I paid. Threw it in the snowball of my auto payment.
- Said “no” to really good tacos for lunch like a zillion times. One day the electricity was out at work for 1.5 hours during lunch time and my food was frozen. It was tough to say “no”!
- Ordered my Obi (Wan Kenobi) to establish my home phone with free service (Google Voice)
- I’m reading a lot more. Currently reading: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Since I do take my child to Sbux one time a week, I might as well try to save some money. They had a promotion running where you buy a gift card for a friend (the child) and get $5 GC for your self. I missed being on of the 45,000 purchases. #fail
- Salary: $5,633.39
- Amazon affiliate income earned: $4.06 (thank you!) – not counted in total salary as funds are deposited until they reach a set minimum amount.
Starting Auto Loan Debt: $7,651.08
Ending Auto Loan Debt: $6,528.41
Snowball $151.08 + $60 + $300 + $80 + $16 + $157 + $35= $799.08
Regular payment $334.
Total towards car this month: $1,133.08
The bank employees viewing my account are probably like, “WTF with all the transfers?!”
Okay, maybe they are not. But I’m like, “OMG! This is cool!”
But going forward, I don’t anticipate such vigor. It will be approx. $400/m snowballs + a 3rd paycheck will have me on schedule to pay this off by November. Although, I see the balance… – $400… I would need to come up with $128.41 to tip it under the $6K line. Haha. We’ll see. I don’t know if I can pull it off.
Starting Total Debt: $71,313.09
Ending Total Debt: $69,964.86
The debt total was just teetering on the $70K line. I had to find a way to tip it over. Throwing whatever money I could find within reason. I don’t feel like I have missed out on too much. Maybe I’ve just learned to balance things better? Dunno.
Please let things continue to go smoothly.